Windows (all operating systems) 32-bit HF Propagation Models from NTIA/ITS
- Versions, latest= 15.0506 (06 May 2015) - Contains ICEPAC, VOACAP, and REC533.
- Installation now (6 May 2015) is being done with InstallMate ©.
- Tarma installer did not support newer Windows systems.
- This new installer will probably not work on Windows systems older than 2000.
- Does seem to work on Windows 7/8 and Windows Vista.
- Installation now (2 Feb 04) is being done with Tarma Installer ©.
- This should solve the desktop icon creation problems on
- WARNING: Do NOT install the software
on a Compressed NTFS file system. There are reports that some of it
does not work. This is only possible on Windows-NT/2000/XP systems. Do a
Right-Mouse click on the drive and show the Properties.
- As of 23Feb99, a new version of Salford's compiler is being used.
- It is significantly faster than previous versions. (Almost 3 times faster).
- This has been compiled with Salford's FTN77 compiler for WIN32.
- It will NOT work on Windows 3.x systems.
- There are reports that ICEPAC may hang on
AMD processors. (But I have not heard
of this in several years).
- Fortran source code directories for VOACAP propagation module .
- Fortran source code directories for REC533 propagation module .
- ASCII coefficient files . (Needed if you re-compile
with a different Fortran compiler.)
If you have problems and want to ask
for help, please do the following:
Execute the file: C:\itshfbc\bin_win\sysinfo.bat
If you did not use the default installation directory, C:\itshfbc
will be different.
This will create the file: C:\itshfbc\bin_win\sysinfo.txt
Please include that file in your Email with a detailed description of your
Note for Windows-NT/2000/XP installation:
icons to execute the software may not install properly on Windows-NT/2000/XP
systems. Here is a solution:
This problem should be solved with version 04.0202 using the Tarma Installer
Execute the software from Start/Programs/ITS HF Propagation/....
You can also now execute any of the ..\bin_win\*.exe files directly
If you can do the above, you can create an icon on the desktop by:
Start/Programs/ITS HF Propagation
right mouse click while the mouse is over ITS HF Propagation
and pick Explore
Then do a right mouse click on ITS HF Propagation and pick
Send to > Desktop
You can then change the desktop icon to c:\itshfbc\icons\itshf.ico
The above is true only if you use the default installation.
let me know if this does not work.
Actually, let me know if it
file describes installation and registration procedures (Software is FREE).
To download the ICEPAC Technical Manual:
Word 7.0 format
To download the ICEPAC Original User's Manual:
Word 7.0 format
Thanks to Brenton S. Vogelsang of Australia for converting the above manuals to Word.
The original IONCAP manual (from which ICEPAC & VOACAP were derived) is available from ITS at:
NTIA Report TR-83-127
Sample Point-to-Point data input screen
Changing TIME input data screen
Sample Point-to-Point tabular output
Sample Point-to-Point graphics output (color)
Sample Point-to-Point versus DISTANCE (with modes) plot (color) - ICEPAC/VOACAP only
Sample Point-to-Point versus DISTANCE (ALL frequencies) plot (color) - ICEPAC/VOACAP only
Sample Point-to-Point versus TIME (with modes) plot (color) - ICEPAC/VOACAP only
Sample Point-to-Point versus TIME (ALL frequencies) plot (color) - ICEPAC/VOACAP only
Input/output for Area Coverage models
Sample Area Coverage data input screen
Sample Area Coverage map (color - DBU)